Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Victoriana Chic Gone Too Far

Now, I have to admit that I do like a nice antique or vintage Victorian mourning veil etc. as much as the next girl, but this is taking it too far!

Our heating has been broken for ages but now we have no hot water. So we are bathing like Victorians!

I.e. we boil the kettle and take a bucket of hot water up and try and get washed as quickly as possible to avoid getting cold (us and the water).

All I can say is that it really makes you appreciate having hot water on tap - and convinces me that solar hot water would really be a good idea. The sun is more reliable than the bloke we've employed to fix it!

1 comment:

Wren said...

We were without power for 8 days when Hurricane Ike took out some trees and our power lines. I was boiling water in my kettle for canning and pouring it into the bath. Hope you get your water heater fixed soon!