Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Kind of Carding

Only a short clip, but my kind of carding!

It's going to be a very crafty week: weaving lesson tomorrow, where I will finish threading up 4 shafts on my teacher's 8 shaft loom, before learning to weave. And then at the weekend I will be off to WonderWool!

I haven't done any crafting for a while, but I'm finally beginning to use up the toffee brown alpaca fleece I bought last year in Hay on Wye, mixing it with some Finn sheep wool dyed in spring greens and autumnal oranges, to make a beautiful brownish yarn with subtle changes in colour...maybe good for an warm jumper, hat or scarf. I'll put up some pics when I've finished a skein.

I'm also reading up on making cosmetics etc., thinking about what to do with last year's beeswax harvest, and I have a few ideas in the pipeline for some wearable art...now all I need is my sewing machine fixed!

No comments: